Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Year, New Adventures!

Alright, it was a winter break full of non-stop, much needed work, but it's back to the educational world with the new semester. I am taking some of my pretty intense senior level courses right now and I have also been hired as a consultant for the student run firm here on campus PR Central. I will be working with a team of four and with our client Student-Athlete Advisory Committee to promote their annual spring event Jock Rock. I'm really excited for this chance to gain some hands-on experience, help out a program on campus, and to add some pieces to my portfolio. I will make sure to keep this blog updated about my work on the project and I will upload any pieces I worked on.



I also need to go back over my old posts and revise some of the work. Simple errors or ways they can be improved were pointed out to me and I plan on making some changes and then reposting.

One last thing: over break I secured a summer internship working with the marketing department at Shanty Creek Resort and with their PR guru that they have started outsourcing to. I am still waiting to hear back about the internship with TOMS Shoes in California that I applied for, and if I am lucky enough to be offered the position, I plan on taking that because working for a company like TOMS is a career goal of mine. I am so very grateful that the team at Shanty Creek is so supportive of me trying to get in out at TOMS; they told me that they would be thrilled for me if I got offered the position, but if not, they would love to have me on their team. I am truly blessed to have such great people behind me. I am supposed to find out about TOMS in March, so as soon as I know, I will let everyone else know as well.

That's all. I just wanted to update this after that brief month of silence and keep all of my information up to date. Love to all!
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment