Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn..." - Steinbeck

So, it’s quite obvious that I have been struggling to keep up on my blog since graduation. Transitioning from “student” to “adult” is a lot harder than it seems, and can quite honestly be a bit overwhelming. Between chasing down job opportunities, paying the bills and rearranging my sleep schedule to not include Fridays as a weekend, I feel like I lost myself and sight of what I wanted out of life for a while. Because of this, my inspiration to write died; I couldn’t focus on one topic long enough to formulate any semblance of an educated post and I didn’t want to write for the sake of writing, so I just let it fall by the wayside.
The good news out of all of this is that I am back with a fresh vigor for life and a whole new take on my blog! I have decided that while I am a communications/public relations junkie at heart, my spirit’s passion for life is what I should be focusing on in this blog. Writing myself into a corner by only focusing on public relations and communications topics forced me to ignore everything else that inspires and excites me.

After some consideration, I have decided to reorganize my approach to this blog so that it will focus on my life in general. I don’t want to be another one of those girls that writes frivolously about boys and what I ate for lunch, but I do want to write about everyday things that I come across and experience. I may write about a neat DIY project I have done or a seemingly undiscovered place that I have stumbled across and I may even write about public relations. There will be no hard and fast rules here, and that’s the beauty in it. If something inspires me enough to write about it, than write about it I shall.

And now for a quick update on my life as of late:

I accepted a position in Group Services at Shanty Creek Resorts where I oversee much of the communication that goes out to staff about upcoming groups and events. I am also in charge of planning all “in-house” events – simply stated, I handle booking function space, coordinating use of tech equipment and placing banquet orders for any events put on by other departments or associations considered a “part of” the resort. I am also responsible for keeping all information about groups and events up-to-date, so anytime there is a change, I have to make note of it and inform the proper people. The job is actually a perfect fit for me since I have to be overzealous about checking numbers, and I tend to be compulsive about this type of stuff at home.

On a more personal note, I will be flying out to California the second weekend of August to meet my first ever baby niece. My best friend and his wife, who are stationed in Oceanside, are expecting their second child at the end of July, and I am way to excited to see all of them again.

So there it is folks, my new blog and my life. I really hope you enjoy reading about what inspires me, and more than anything I hope something I write about inspires you as well. Until next time (Which will be soon, I promise!), all my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment